The world is now more interconnected than ever, creating unprecedented learning and innovation opportunities. As a result, we live in a time of unprecedented opportunity, where anyone with the drive and determination can make a difference in the world. Take the case of Christopher Havens, who has been serving a prison sentence for two decades and still managed to learn mathematics and publish a discovery on number theory from his cell. Haven’s achievement is unique because he did not have computer access and painstakingly pieced his research together by hand. Working with Amit Sahai, a computer scientist at the University of California, Los Angeles, Havens launched a Prison Mathematics project and taught Mathematics to prisoners. This is a clear manifestation of unwavering grit, determination, and motivation.
The world is certainly stunned by the power of large language models. Geoffrey Hinton, who left Google recently, a deep learning scientist and a Turing award winner in 2018, is stunned by the AI capabilities and wants to educate the world on the dangers of AI.
But for workforce planning and Recruitment, this is a time of rapid growth and innovation. Things are just ripe to leverage technology and get the best of the talent across the world.
This week, I presented potential new trends in Talent Acquisition to a team of thought leaders. I have largely focused on the discussions and possibilities
- BabyAGI: BabyAGI is an autonomous AI agent developed by Yohei Nakajima. This autonomous AI agent is designed to generate and execute based on given objectives; For example, you could use this technology to follow a specific number of professionals across channels and set alerts on changes much more easily and readily. This may also be helpful in Recruitment Marketing to, say, add 1000 Twitter followers in 30 days. A very promising and domain-expanding capability for Recruitment
- The focus on employee experience (EX): Employee experience is becoming increasingly important to businesses, and talent acquisition professionals play a key role in shaping the EX. This means that talent acquisition professionals need to be aware of the factors contributing to a positive EX, such as the onboarding process, the work-life balance, and the opportunities for development and growth.
- Talent Nurturing and Relationship Management: Talent nurturing and relationship management” refers to the practices and strategies that foster the growth, development, and engagement of talented individuals in the ecosystems while maintaining strong and productive relationships. This aspect means that gaining the right sales skills and negotiation skills can be very valuable for Recruiters as they champion relationships
- A role in Internal Mobility: Enabling TAs to concentrate on internal talent and utilize their talent identification skills internally can significantly expand internal mobility opportunities within an organization. By leveraging TAs’ expertise in recognizing and nurturing talent, organizations can foster a culture of internal talent development and create pathways for career growth and advancement for their employees.
- Diverse Channels: Automating tactical activities through AGI will mean that Recruiters can effectively focus on diverse channels. At the beginning of the email, I wrote about prison talent. Many innovative channels will impact talent greatly, including channels for underserved communities. Nondegreed talent can be understood in depth through recent technologies, and pathways can be mapped more granularly
- Candidate Communications: Large Language Models will help in the areas of hyper-personalization, Transparency, Speed, Engagement, and other critical areas of communication
- AR/VR Engagement: The rumored launch of Apple’s Augmented Reality headset on Monday at the WWDC 2023 is bound to energize this space. Interviewing through AR/VR will be transformative and remove typical video-based interviews’ limitations. A new set of issues around bias and multi-dimensional information processing will come into play
- Dynamic Job Descriptions and Skills Elaboration: Specific AI – large language models trained on custom data assets will help Recruiters understand the skills granularly. Placement and descriptions of soft skills or power skills
- EVP Focus: TAs can now analyze the EVP programs granularly and conduct sophisticated analysis, yielding data-driven insights. Here is an example analysis that can be easily built using Chat GPT by Recruiters.
As you can see, the role of Recruiters is about to not only get important but also super exciting.